At the OMHA AGM in June 2022, the OMHA presented a “Category Review Committee Report” which identified that Tillsonburg, St Mary's, Dorchester, Strathroy and Mt Brydges base category be reclassified from “B” to “A” effective for the 2023-2024 season.
With four "A" centers surrounding Ingersoll and the potential of losing NRP players to all of these centers, IDMHA has been looking into the following options. Attempt to get reclassified to "C" because of the prospect of losing players, attempt to be reclassified to "A" to hold onto players and compete in a new league or amalgamate with a local center. The reclassification to “A” impacts all Rep teams U10 and above for these centers. Please note that all Initiation Programs (U5, U6, U7, U8) along with U9 programming and Local League programming will not be impacted by any category change and will remain Ingersoll Express.
On December 29th, the IDMHA board agreed to notify the OMHA of an intention to enter Amalgamation negotiations with Tillsonburg Minor Hockey. The Amalgamation committees of Tillsonburg & Ingersoll have extensive work to complete in order for this to be a possibility. Next steps are as follows in preparation for a vote for the membership:
- Individual boards would approve to meet and begin discussions to have an open discussion to amalgamate
- Inform the OMHA Regional Director of your wishes
- Begin formal discussion to amalgamate
- Once a general agreement in principle is reached then it must be taken back to each Board and approved
- Once approved, the general agreement must be presented to both Associations in a special AGM to get members approval
Once approved from the membership of both associations additional steps need to take place in order to gain approval from OMHA of the amalgamation.
A date is not yet set for the Special AGM, as we move forward in these discussions more information will be shared along with the date of the AGM. If you have questions or concerns you would like the committee to get answers to, please send them to the online form here.